In the Community
Alvarez de Bennett Law believes that giving back to the community is very important. The attorneys and staff also supports the efforts of various organizations and nonprofits that make a difference in the lives of many.
Paola-Marie serves as a:
- Volunteer attorney for Trinity Legal Clinic (nonprofit that provides access to legal services for clients who could not otherwise afford hiring their own attorney)
- Bi-lingual Tutor for the Whiz Kids program of Oklahoma City (program that provides tutoring for elementary students)
- Board Member for Metro Tech Foundation (providing financial assistance to students that could not otherwise afford an education at Metro Tech)
Attorney Paola Bennett has served and supports these organizations:
• Volunteer attorney for Trinity Legal Clinic (nonprofit that provides access to legal services for clients who couldnot otherwise afford hiring their own attorney)
• Ambassador for Oklahoma Dream Act
• C.A.S.A-Court Appointed Special Advocate for Children
• Oklahoma Lawyers for Children
• Merry Heart Guidance Center
• OU Students for Access to Justice
• Ceitci Dermikova Ministries (support of Bulgarian orphanage)
• World Vision (meet the children we sponsor here)
Oklahoma Professional Rules of Responsibility
Rule 6.1 Pro Bono Public Service A lawyer should render public interest legal service.
A lawyer may discharge this responsibility by:
(a) providing professional services at no fee or a reduced fee to persons of limited means or to public service or charitable groups or organizations;
(b) serving without compensation in public interest activities that improve the law, the legal system, or the legal profession; or
(c) financial support for organizations that provide legal services to persons of limited means.
Good Rule to Live By
Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong…because sometime in your life you will have been all of these” ~anonymous~